Heading back to work is a stressful time for the whole family! When it comes to providing your milk while you’re away, having a plan makes it a little easier for you. “Expressing yourself” takes on a whole new meaning! Join us and get these questions answered.
- How do I collect extra milk before I return to work?
- When should I start offering a bottle?
- How do I pump to get extra milk when this baby is nursing all day!?
- How much milk do I put in each storage container… and what’s the best container to store in?
- How many times do I have to pump while I’m away?
- How long is milk good for in the fridge and freezer? I’ve seen 5 different answers when I google it!
- How do I talk to my supervisor about a place to pump?
Please note: Every employment situation is very different. Depending on the class size, some of your more personal questions may not be able to be answered. If you feel like your work situation is very unique, you may want to schedule a Back-to-Work consultations where you meet with an IBCLC and discuss your personal situation one-on-one.
Quote from past attendee: “It was great getting insight from both a professional as well as other new moms who will soon be going back to work as well. Everyone had great ideas and advice to share, which has truly helped ease my anxiety of returning to work while trying to continue breastfeeding.
Cost is $10. Pre-register by calling the BRC at St. Mary in Bensalem at 215-639-6708.
**Due to the generous funding from St. Mary, all patients seen at Mother Bachmann Maternity Center and/or Children’s Health Center will be able to attend this class at no cost.