The AAP tells us to place our babies on their backs to sleep. Many gadgets we place our babies in have them lying on their backs as well. This can lead to head shape concerns and even development issues. Did you know babies need to be on their tummies for periods of time to build their core strength and help them reach those important milestones such as crawling and walking?
You may have read about TummyTime and other tricks to make this happen. But, are you having trouble getting your baby to enjoy it? Join Nikki Lee RN, BSN, MS, IBCLC, CCE, CIMI, ANLC, CKC to learn some great techniques from infant massage to TummyTime to help your baby develop strength & reach those milestones. You’d be surprised to know that the tips learned in this class can also help:
- improve sleep (who doesn’t need that!)
- enhance GI function (does your baby seem in discomfort?)
- promote optimal head shape (nobody wants a flat head)
- facilitate brain development (Yay!)
- breastfeed more easily (Awesome!)
- develop core strength and optimize physical development (Give your baby a great start!)
- build trust and safety (Awe…)
Attendance is expected for BOTH workshops happening on December 5th AND 12th. The cost is $50 per person and we require a minimum of 2 people for the workshops to be held.
Pre-Registration is REQUIRED and closes at 11 AM on FRIDAY, DECEMBER 2nd.
Class is open to pre-crawling babies from 4 weeks to 6 months old. Please enter the ramp entrance from the parking lot and go up the stairs. All babies are welcome!