The BRC has a multitude of services designed to support you from the day your baby is born to the day you decide to wean.
- Direct Face-to-Face Services to Families in our Office by International Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC)
- Free support by a trained Community Counselor once there’s no need for your IBCLC visits
- Free Weekly Support Group Meetings with free weight checks
- Retail such as bras, tops, and pump parts
- Fun Parent Classes
- Educational Opportunities for Healthcare Professionals and Aspiring IBCLCs
- In-patient Hospital Lactation Programs
Prenatal Consultation: Get off to a great start with this one-on-one visit with an International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) to get your personal questions answered.
Lactation Consultation: An IBCLC observes and evaluates a feeding, develops a care plan for mother and baby and sends a report to the primary health care provider.
Follow-Up Consultation: If needed, the initial care plan is fine-tuned for breastfeeding success.
Back-to-Work Planning: Mother works with an IBCLC to tailor a plan that fits her individual needs.
Weight Checks: Baby’s weight and other vital breastfeeding information are gathered and faxed to the baby’s physician.
Induced Lactation: Adopting a baby and want to make milk? Make an appointment to find out how.
Skype Consultation: Do you live too far from an IBCLC to make a visit possible? This is designed with you in mind.
The Affordable Care Act states that insurance companies should provide breastfeeding counseling without a co-pay from you! As of right now, we are Aetna and Independence Blue Cross providers. We encourage you to call your insurance company and ask! Please remind them about the new law.
Your insurance won’t cover the cost? The BRC is a nonprofit and we provide all of our direct services on a sliding scale of payment according to family size and income level. Call to find out your cost for a visit.
FREE Support Groups
Check out our Class Schedule
All moms and babes: Did you know that attending support group meetings help you to breastfeed longer? If you’re feeling overwhelmed with a new baby in the house and feel like you haven’t had an adult conversation in a while, come to support group! There is an IBCLC attending the meeting during the first hour to answer any general questions, but the main point of these groups are to allow you to socialize with other mothers and learn from each other. Free weight checks are available.
Many parents have enjoyed the great classes offered by the BRC. Here’s some of what we offer, but check our calendar to see what’s happening this month.
- Infant Massage
- Starting Solids – The Baby Led Weaning Approach
- Family and Friends CPR
- Music Monkeys
- Baby and Me Yoga
- Come Sign with Me – Baby Sign Language
- Introduction to Cloth Diapering
- Introduction to Sleep Training
- Educational Opportunities for Healthcare Professionals
Visit our Healthcare Professionals page for more information on services such as:
- Lunch and Learn Sessions at the BRC
- Lunch and Learn Sessions in your office
- Full day conference for nurses
- Observation Days at the BRC
- Internship Program for aspiring IBCLCs
In-patient Hospital Lactation Programs
Two local hospitals contract the BRC to provide lactation services to their patients. Our IBCLCs can do all the tasks of an employee, but it saves the hospital. Hospitals don’t have to pay contractors for vacations, sick time, health benefits, or any other benefit. The BRC rotates several IBCLCs so a day is never missed!
Contact our Executive Director, Colette Acker for more details: Colette@BRC4babies.com