After making your appointment, you will receive an email to join our HIPAA-compliant platform. We ask that you fill out your intake forms here before your appointment. You will also receive a link that tells you everything you need to bring to your first visit as well as directions to the office.
When you arrive, you will walk into a welcoming environment and each consultation room is designed to make you feel at home.
The consultation includes:
- Listening to your breastfeeding history and any medical concerns we should know about.
- Weighing your baby.
- Oral assessment of the baby.
- Observation of a feeding and/or a pumping session. This is where we work on latch and positioning techniques or pumping techniques for optimal comfort.
- Weighing the baby after the feeding to determine how much they took at the breast.
- A plan that you and the IBCLC work on together because it has to work for you and the whole family!
- A written report is sent to you, your baby’s healthcare provider as well your healthcare provider. We want everyone to be on the same page.
- Follow-up questions can be asked through our portal. Very convenient!
Do we accept insurance? Yes!
If your insurance is
- Aetna (Unless there is a PNOA or MultiPlan logo on the card – if so – look below)
- Independence Blue Cross (HMO, POS, and EPO plans) This includes KHPE or Personal Choice HMO plans.
You can book online or call the office to schedule an appointment. You are good to go! 215-886-2433.
- Independence Blue Cross (PPO plans only)
- Personal Choice (PPO plans only)
- Keystone Health Plan East (PPO plans only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield (PPO plans only)
- Capital Blue
- Anthem (PPO)
- Independence Administrators
- Cigna (PPO)
- Humana (PPO)
- VA CCN
- If you have AETNA or United Healthcare and there is a PNOA or MultiCare logo on your card, your visit may be covered through TLN.
Please click here to verify eligibility. You will receive authorization via email within 90 minutes. Once you’ve received your approval, you can schedule online or call the office at 215-886-2433. If it is not approved, don’t panic! Contact the office for clarification.
The following insurance plans DO NOT cover visits at the BRC. Through our Holly Program, you may qualify for a discounted or FREE visit. Please call the office at 215-886-2433.
- Federal BC/BS
- United Healthcare (Unless there is a PNOA or MultiCare logo on your card – see above)
Have questions about insurance? Email Barb at Barb@BRC4babies.com