After making your appointment, you will receive an email to join our HIPAA-compliant platform. We ask that you fill out your intake forms here before your appointment. You will also receive a link that tells you everything you need to bring to your first visit as well as directions to the office.
When you arrive, you will walk into a welcoming environment and each consultation room is designed to make you feel at home.
The consultation includes:
- Listening to your breastfeeding history and any medical concerns we should know about.
- Weighing your baby.
- Oral assessment of the baby.
- Observation of a feeding and/or a pumping session. This is where we work on latch and positioning techniques or pumping techniques for optimal comfort.
- Weighing the baby after the feeding to determine how much they took at the breast.
- A plan that you and the IBCLC work on together because it has to work for you and the whole family!
- A written report is sent to you, your baby’s healthcare provider as well your healthcare provider. We want everyone to be on the same page.
- Follow-up questions can be asked through our portal. Very convenient!
Do we accept insurance? Yes!
If your insurance is
- Federal BC/BS
- Independence Blue Cross (HMO plans) This includes KHPE or Personal Choice HMO plans.
you can book online or call the office to schedule an appointment. You are good to go! 215-886-2433.
For the following insurance plans, you need PRE-APPROVAL
- Independence Blue Cross (PPO plans only)
- Personal Choice (PPO plans only)
- Keystone Health Plan East (PPO plans only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Capital Blue
- Independence Administrators
Please click here to verify eligibility. You will receive authorization via email within 90 minutes. Once you’ve received your approval, you can schedule online (BOOK NOW button above) or call the office at 215-886-2433. If it is not approved, don’t panic! Contact the office for clarification.
The following insurance providers do not cover visits at the BRC. The BRC provides a sliding scale of payment for these families. Please call to see if you qualify for a discounted or free visit. 215-886-2433
- United Healthcare
Have questions about insurance? Email Barb at Barb@BRC4babies.com